Okay, first an apology to anyone who came on Sunday and found the site screwed up. I violated the First Law of Programming: If you think it’s an easy change and do it without checking *everything*, you will have a SNAFU.
Second, there are certain similarities between John Watson and Bilbo Baggins (besides that one):
- both discover they like adventures and adrenalin rushes
- both make certain they get some money, but aren’t obsessive about it
- both like comfortable homes with comfy chairs
- both have a fondness for their meals (and get a tad cranky when they aren’t coming regularly)
- both have a smart-ass wiz(ard) for a friend
John’s just lucky Sherlock is so “spectacularly ignorant” he wouldn’t recognize a Ring of Power if Molly gave him one (although that might explain a lot about Mycroft…)
You’ll be pleased to know I’ve finished my re-reading of The Hobbit (in preparation for December) and am back to reading all of the gazillion Sherlock Holmes-related books and story collections coming out now.
To everyone who has been partying at Comic Con, I hope you had fun.